Getting Data In

breaking down segments of events

nina15
Communicator

hi...

I need to break down my event logs.
I'm getting confused in configuring transform.conf, props.conf, etc...

this a sample of one line of my data:

I, [2011-04-01T00:01:04.883503 #1023]  INFO -- : [2011-04-01 00:01:03,153.30.11.29,12345,192.225.180.55,654,bumiflow.com.my,MX,IN]

(for confidentiality reasons, I've changed data values... but the format follows the same)

so currently, splunk is able to map the source ip, and also identifies the time.

I want to break down all the rest of the event as well based on resource records (MX, A, AAAA, etc.), domains, etc..
firstly, Can I do that from splunk manager? probably "Manager>fiels"...
if not, can you guide me through configuring the conf files..

thank you.

0 Karma

ignetops
Explorer
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...