Getting Data In

Why is the time and aggregated time received from a host is wrong inside the logs?

osakachan
Communicator

I spent all morning trying to resolve the next problem.
I work in UTC + 1:00 and I have the machines, and a not splunk forwarder and splunk indexer configured in UTC + 1:00. The same for the splunk accounts.

When I receive a log from one host who doesn't send date/time in their logs, time works perfectly. But in the same index, I have a host who sends date/time in the logs and here is when the problem starts.

I have the correct date/time inside the log but Time and aggregated time are wrong for -1:00 in Splunk.

I tried several props.conf like TZ and nothing changed. The only thing that "worked" was

[sourcetype]
TIME_PREFIX = \"time\"\=
TIME_FORMAT = %H:%M:%S

But Splunk started to index in one event varius logs and still have the system time wrong. Ex:

2/28/18
2:01:04.000 PM

<189>date=2018-02-28 time=13:00:42 ****************************************** date=2018-02-28 time=14:00:42 logid=.....

Thanks for reading.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Does your logs have double quotes around the field date or time?? If yes, give this a try

[sourcetype]
 TIME_PREFIX = \"date\"\=
 TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d "time"=%H:%M:%S
0 Karma

osakachan
Communicator

Sorry, I used a wrong regex.

I tried that without exp for the ". and doesnt have errors but I still have one time wrong. I tried to this conf

[fgt_logs]
TIME_PREFIX = vd="root" date\=
TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d time=%H:%M:%S

[host::ESALCMUS01]
TZ = Europe/Helsinki

or with the correct TZ

[host::ESALCMUS01]
TZ = Europe/Madrid

An example how its rigth now.
An example how its rigth now.

0 Karma

osakachan
Communicator

Ouch, in the img, the time after the img is 8:50

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...