Getting Data In

Why is my azure not sending all Windows Defender for Enpoint Alerts to Splunk?

dkeck
Influencer

Hi,

I try to figure this out for a week now and I am stucked. I installed the Microsoft 365 Defender Add-on for Splunk, which is the official supported TA referring to the Microsoft Partner docs.

I enabled the input for endpoint alerts and excepted the TA to index all alerts since the "start time" (2 weeks ago).

But only one event was send, the earliest event in the 14 days period. So in my case an event from 6/9/2021, the input was enabled on 23rd of June.

Splin internal is only telling me that the connection was successfull ( status 200) and how long it took.

I double checked all the siem intergration docs from microsoft , like what permissions need to be set and so on.

Here is the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/api-hello-world?view=o365-...

Does anyone know, if there are more options in azure that need to be turned on to make it more talkativ?

In Defender itself I can see way more alerts than 1 in the last 14 days.

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...