Getting Data In

Where to keep the lookup file in a clustered environment

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hello,

We are moving from single deployment to clustered environment. 

Current scenario: for one of my dashboards i was getting the lookup file created by running a python script. using a cronjob. Since i dont want it to be indexed, i was just creating the file and placing it in the lookups folder of one of the apps where the dashboard is there. 

Now when i move to clustered environment how and where do i place the script to generate the lookup 

and where can i save the lookup file to automatically get shared in all the searh heads. 

thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @surekhasplunk,

Since Splunk Search Head Cluster will not detect changes you make without Web UI or REST, you have two options;

1- You can create a custom search command runs your python script and than pipe to outputlookup. With this way the cluster will replicate lookup across members.  

2- Running python script on every search head with cronjob.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hello @scelikok 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

for 1st point, if you could you please give an example snippet, that would be great

Thanks 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...