Getting Data In

What is the difference between installing an add-on at the search head and the indexer?

borja_luaces

Hi all,

I was going to install the Linux Secure Technology Add-On and the installation says that it needs to be installed at the search head.

It might be a simple question but, was wondering, what is the difference between installing the add-on in the search head and the indexer?

Regards

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is a very difficult question to answer definitively but thankfully there is a short-hand rule-of-thumb that is easy and almost always works. Install any *-On for * app everywhere (except UFs) and isntall any * App for * on your Search Head(s). Yes, it is that simple.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...