Getting Data In

Universal forwarder error: ImportError: /opt/splunkforwarder/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

savithamr
Path Finder

Hi,

I have installed Universal Forwarder version 6.4.2, and using the scripted inputs to retrieve data.

When restarted splunk, Splunk reads the inputs.conf file to execute the Python Script.

But i am seeing below error message in splund.log and scripts exits

08-09-2016 17:39:51.327 +0530 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/MYAPP/bin/myScript.py" ImportError: /opt/splunkforwarder/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

Even i unset the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Error still persists.

Please help..

0 Karma

sjohnson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A Splunk universal forwarder does NOT include python so it is using python from the OS. You are missing a python library required by the myScript.py. You will need to find the missing library and add it to your python install.

0 Karma

savithamr
Path Finder

Yes Forwarder wont provide python of it own. But if i run my script on console i will get the output.
i.e ex: $ python myScript.py
wont have any error. Only when its running through Splunk getting import error.

Also by default LD_LIBRARY_PATH is been set to /opt/splunkforwarder/lib .
I unset this environment variable, still error persists.

The OPENSSL version in OS is 1.0.1f . Is that may be cause for this issue?

import ssl
ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION
'OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014'

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...