Getting Data In

Unable to initialize modular input

apetwal
Engager

Hi,

I designed a modular input using the splunk plugin for eclipse.
After building the file with Ant, I installed the .spl file on splunk instance running on windows and the modular input was performing as expected.
When I tried to install the same file .spl file on the splunk instance running on linux the installed modular input (add on) is not visible in the data inputs section.
I checked weather the add on is installed correctly and the folder structure in etc/apps/{app-name} looked fine.
But in the splunkd.log I can see the error message
"ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "splunk_jms_addon" defined in the app "splunk_jms_addon": Introspecting scheme=splunk_jms_addon: script running failed (exited with code 1).."

Can someone please help me resolving this issue.

Regards
Aviral

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...