Getting Data In

Unable to index Windows registry monitoring (Certain Registry values)

santosh_scb
Path Finder

Hi

I have a requirement where I need to monitor certain registry key values on Windows server 2016. I am using the below configs in inputs.conf for monitoring but unable to index the data and also dont see any results in search.

Tried following the Splunk doc as well but couldnt get much help. 

Let me know if you have come across any such issues and rectified it. 

Contents of inputs.conf

[WinRegMon://HKLM]
baseline=1
disabled=0
hive=\\REGISTRY\\SYSTEM\\*ControlSet*\\Services\\LanManServer\\Shares\\?.*

hive=\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run\\?.*
hive=\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\?.*
hive=\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Winlogon\\Userinit
hive=\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\*ControlSet*\\Services\\LanmanServer\\Parameters\\autodisconnect
index=windows
proc=.*
source=WinRegistry
type=set|create|delete|rename|query

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...