Getting Data In

Unable to access /configs/conf-server endpoint when validating modular input configuration

defaziom
Explorer

I would like to pull the proxy configuration from server.conf when validating my modular input so I can validate the input's connectivity through a proxy. I am using the Java SDK to access server.conf during validation but unfortunately, it seems like when a modular input is being validated, the /configs/conf-server endpoint becomes inaccessible and any network request to that endpoint will hang. As soon as the validation times out, I am able to access that endpoint again.

Why does this happen? Is there another way to access server.conf during validation? Thanks in advance!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...