Getting Data In

Time format for identifying processing rate

msbhatmam

I am trying to get some details from my event text which has the record count and also the processing time. I want to find the processing rate.I.e records/processing time. I could find that the processing time
Is like 1.2s where s is seconds. Sometimes its like 567ms where ms is milliseconds or 1h2m.0030s where h m and s are hours minutes and second respectively.

Is there any function which can help me to convert it all into either ms
or seconds. Or could could you please suggest how I could change it into a unified format like seconds ?

As I am stuck with critical deliverable need your inputs as soon as possible 😞

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | eval durationSeconds =coalesce(strptime(fieldname, "%Hh%Mm%S.%Ns"), strptime(fieldname, "%Nms"))

You may need to add more pieces to the coalesce to accommodate other alternate formats.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...