Getting Data In

Sub Searching - tstats

griggsy

Hello,

I have a query for returning blocked data from our firewall to Google's DNS Servers - I now want to correlate this with data from our proxy to attempt to identify the user logged onto the machine. What I have written is below:

| tstats summariesonly=t count as Count, dc(fw.rule) as dc_rules, values(fw.rule) as rules, max(_time) as LastSeen, values(fw.dest_ip) as Destination FROM datamodel=Firewall.fw WHERE fw.dest_ip = 8.8.4.4 OR fw.dest_ip = 8.8.8.8 AND fw.action = "blocked" BY fw.src_ip, fw.action | rename src_ip as src_host | join srch_host [ search index=proxy | fields src_host,UserName] | table src_host,Destination,action,UserName,Count

The proxy index is quite data heavy so ideally I would like to set the search to have src_host as the src_host identified in the parent query. Could anyone help a.) Streamline the query to improve performance and b.) help me get it working!

Many Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

valiquet
Contributor

Drop the sub search. Use a lookup running on indexers.

Use fields instead of table.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...