Getting Data In

Splunk .bat script file not getting triggered

sandyasampath

I'm having a simple alert (for POC, so checking with _internal data) and on alert action there is 'add to triggered alerts' and 'run a script'. I'm able to see the triggered alerts, but the .bat file doesn't seem to run. I'm able to run it manually, but not through the alert action.

I've placed my try.bat under $splunk_home$/bin/scripts folder. While checking for "try.bat" in index=_internal, i get the below event:

2018-01-05 18:22:19,585 +0530 INFO runshellscript:141 - ['C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\scripts\try.bat', '44', 'index^=internal^ 3mreportErrors', 'index^=_internal^ 3mreportErrors', 'testAlert', 'Saved^ Search^ ^[testAlert^]^ number^ of^ events^(44^)', 'http://CDC2-L-5286WND:8001/app/3m/@go?sid^=scheduleradmin3mtestAlert_at_1515156720_51', '', 'C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatch\scheduleradmin3m_testAlert_at_1515156720_51\results.csv.gz']

try.bat
@echo off
REM Next command inputs the greeting
echo Hello! This a sample batch file.
time /t >> "c:\sandya\output.txt"

I'm using Windows 10, Splunk 7

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...