Getting Data In

Splunk TA Cloud Services authentication error Cisco Umbrella user?

dkeck
Influencer

Hello,

does anyone here have an idea why cisco cloud security umbrella addon is interfering the authentication within Splunk TA Cloud Services?

I try to ingest nsg flow data via a storage blob. All the other inputs within the Cloud Services TA are working (azure audit data via eventhub). When I disable the umbrella TA nsg flow logs can be received without a problem.

File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/lib/solnlib/credentials.py", line 137, in get_password f"Failed to get password of realm={self._realm}, user={user}." solnlib.credentials.CredentialNotExistException: Failed to get password of realm=__REST_CREDENTIAL__#Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices#configs/conf-inputs, user=cisco_cloud_security_umbrella_addon://UmbrellaDNS.

Feels like some python issue? 

Thankful for any hint I can get.

David

Labels (1)
1 Solution

dkeck
Influencer

I moved the umbrella TA to a different HF. Wokred for me, but still just a workaround.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

I moved the umbrella TA to a different HF. Wokred for me, but still just a workaround.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...