Getting Data In

Splunk Scripted Inputs ingesting only Headers

rmccullagh
Explorer

Hi All,

Splunk is ingesting only a portion of the scripted input ps.sh from my *nix os TA, and I don't know why.

Before a certain date, it was all ingesting fine. After a particular date, it's begun to only ingest the Headers from the script output, rather than the output values themselves:

USER               PID   PSR   pctCPU       CPUTIME  pctMEM     RSZ_KB     VSZ_KB   TTY      S       ELAPSED  COMMAND             ARGS

Has anyone else experienced this before? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

saravanan90
Contributor

Run the script directly in the server and check whether we are getting the output properly. If you are getting an output save to a temp file and check how it is appearing. Each line needs to have separate process details.

sh ps.sh > temp.txt

cat -n temp.txt

View solution in original post

0 Karma

saravanan90
Contributor

Run the script directly in the server and check whether we are getting the output properly. If you are getting an output save to a temp file and check how it is appearing. Each line needs to have separate process details.

sh ps.sh > temp.txt

cat -n temp.txt

0 Karma

rmccullagh
Explorer

Thanks, did this and it led me to investigate props.conf on HF's that was having issues.

0 Karma

rmccullagh
Explorer

This is for "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux" version 8.0.0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...