Getting Data In

Splunk Rest API not getting all results.

sidmod25

Hello,

Situation: I have uploaded little more than 1 million data rows to one of the splunk indexer via csv file. When I am doing the search from search head I am getting exact number of rows. But when I am searching it through a rest api using sdk, it is unable to return entire data and stopping at some arbitrary number (different everytime).

Config Changes: Under search header I change the maxresultrows to 40000 (default 50000) to keeps iterations of 40000 each. Also< i change max_count to 1.2 million (default 500,000) so that I can get all of my data.

When I trigger my search I can see query reached to Splunk visible from audit.log and in query mentions the exact rows. Also, Iat the sam time I can see iterations happening in splunkd_access.log for 40000 rows for each iteration. But suddenly the search stops at without completing total iteration. The stooping number is also different each time. Sometime at 760000, other 800000 and some other time at 920000. But never completed. i am looking into there logs in search head

I am not able to find nat logs where it could have mentioned when its not able to get all data. In the end I should have got a CSV for all rows

I am using Splunk 6.5.9.

Any suggestions. Thanks

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

What kind of iteration are you really trying to do?

0 Karma

sidmod25

Hello, I am not trying any iteration from y end. Its the Splunk feature where if the count of rows is more than 40000 then it search in offset mode where results are gathered 40000 each time and offset increases by 40000 each time. But this offset value stops or pauses sometime at 760000, other 800000 and some other time at 920000. But never completed.
Need to know why this is not going till the end and generating a csv for me.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

I wouldn't change those parameters. The Java sdk is explicit that you can Target count and offset to iterate it with a regular loop. That version your're using is quite old and if your code is really bugless, there may be a problem on 6.5.9.

I'm assuming you're going through https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/javascript/sdk-javascript/howtousesdkjavascript/howtosearchsd...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...