Getting Data In

Splunk Python Script error - ImportError: No module named azure.keyvault

bhuvanabala

Hi All,

I am trying to import azure.keyvault through Splunk script input, but i am getting the following error - ImportError: No module named azure.keyvault.

Initially i indexed events via visual studio code editor, where i installed azure.keyvault using command -pip install azure-keyvault.

Now i am trying to run the python code as Splunk script input and getting the error - no module found

I copied the azure SDK for python folders from python(which i installed) sitepackages and placed it under splunk_home/python2.7/Lib/sitepackages/ and restarted Splunk, but still it didnt work

Myscript inculdes below lines

from azure.keyvault import KeyVaultClient, KeyVaultAuthentication
from azure.common.credentials import ServicePrincipalCredentials

Please provide ur inputs

0 Karma

snowmizer
Communicator

It is possible that when you ran the pip install command the azure-keyvault module got installed in the directories pertaining to the Linux system version of Python and not the Splunk version of Python. When I have needed modules that aren't in the Splunk Python I add the module to the bin folder of my app so that it's part of the app. Installing/placing the module in Splunk's Python means that when you upgrade Splunk the module could get removed.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...