Getting Data In

Splunk Enterprise 6.5.3: Why does Splunk Web behave erratically such as not fully loading pages and displaying an unsupported browser message?

AlesFrohlich
Explorer

Hello,

We are running Splunk 6.5.3 and I have issue with the Splunk Web interface on Heavy Forwarder. The web interface behaves randomly. Really randomly:
- It tells me I have unsupported browser
- It lets me log in normally or it loads a page correctly
- It does not loads pages or icons
- It is not accessible at all

I am accessing it through WAN link so the connection may be slow. I tried to remove the DB connect and it did not help. It is fresh installation -- no upgrade. I need the web to configure DB connect :(.

It is close to this issue but the bug should be fixed in 6.5.3:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/312247/after-upgrading-a-search-head-cluster-to-splunk-63-1.html

The only line found in logs:
06-06-2017 11:21:15.827 -0400 WARN HttpListener - Socket error from while idling: Read Timeout

Some screen shots:
alt text

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

AlesFrohlich
Explorer

Resolved.

Application level firewall was playing with the communication.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AlesFrohlich
Explorer

Resolved.

Application level firewall was playing with the communication.

Thanks

0 Karma

dinesh_amilinen

We are facing same issue after the upgrade to Version 7.1.1, can you please advise

0 Karma

dinesh_amilinen

i am facing the same issues after upgrade to Splunk Enterprise Version: 7.1.1
please advise

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...