Getting Data In

Splunk 7.2.4 and Tableau connection

garimavohra
Explorer

Hi,

It was working fine until last week but from this Monday i am having trouble connecting Tableau to splunk data source. I see the following error:

"[Splunk]SplunkODBC Unexpected response from server. Veriy the server URL. Error parsing JSON: Text only contains white space(s)"

I am using Tableau 10.3, Splunk ODBC 2.1.1 (64 bit). Our splunk server was upgraded to 7.2.4 recently

Please tell me what went wrong.

Thanks,
Garima

nplamondon
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Per the app devs, the Splunk ODBC driver is not compatible with Splunk 7.x.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get the two talking to each other again.

garimavohra
Explorer

thanks, @nplamondon !! They will have to bring the new odbc version. Other solution I came across was WDC.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@nplamondon @garimavohra you should try out Splunk Tableau WDC (web data connector) as that worked fine for us.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/686946/tableau-connection-issue-with-splunk-odbc-211-afte.html

garimavohra
Explorer

There is data discrepancy in all the tables. In ODBC the data used to come in their original data type but with WDC all the fields are importing as strings that is a big problem, there is a need for updated ODBC driver if the data type issue can't be fixed. Splunk team never responds on how to resolve either of the issues.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...