I've created an app to be able to monitor some directories for two hosts. The stanzas are completely identical except for the directory path. Is there a way to specify in the inputs.conf which host uses which stanza?
host_segment = <integer>
* If set to N, Splunk software sets the Nth "/"-separated segment of the path
* For example, if host_segment=3, the third segment is used.
* If the value is not an integer or is less than 1, the default 'host'
setting is used.
* On Windows machines, the drive letter and colon before the backslash count
as one segment.
* For example, if you set host_segment=3 and the monitor path is
D:\logs\servers\host01, Splunk software sets the host as "servers" because
that is the third segment.
* No default.
If instead the hostname isn't explicitly in the path but it depends on it, you have to create two stanzas with two different host defiitions.