Getting Data In

Single search head and single indexer

timsheets13
Loves-to-Learn

I have seen in other threads that this questions has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer.  I have a single "all in one" instance.  I have built another Splunk server and would like it to be a dedicated search head and leave the original as a dedicated indexer.

Is there a way to set this up without clustering?  Obviously, no cluster is needed with one of each Splunk server role.

THanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @timsheets13,

you have to see in [Settings -- Distributed Search] and configure the new machine as a Search Head, setting the old machine as a Search peer.

Cluster is another thing non applicable to your architecture.

You can find more infos at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.0/DistSearch/Whatisdistributedsearch

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...