Getting Data In

Query on the SQL Version 2017 | Splunk DB Connect

kiranpanchavat1
Path Finder

Hello Guys, 

We have to integrate one of the SQL server with Splunk and the current version is  SQL 2014. We are using splunk db connect app to configure it. 

Kindly confirm if SQL team can upgrade to 2017 , is it compatible with splunk db connect or do they need to upgrade it to SQL 2019 ? 

Provide any solutions/documents on this .

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven't try this (yet) by myself, but here is MS SQL compatibility matrix SQL version compatibility. Based on that JDBC Driver 9.4 should be compatible for all those MS SQL Server versions.

Based on documentation at least DBX 3.6.0 should work also with MS SQL Server 2014. It seems that DBX 3.6.0 was the last "old school" version where you install drivers "manually" and 3.7.0 has own TA/SA for drivers instead of pure jar.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven't try this (yet) by myself, but here is MS SQL compatibility matrix SQL version compatibility. Based on that JDBC Driver 9.4 should be compatible for all those MS SQL Server versions.

Based on documentation at least DBX 3.6.0 should work also with MS SQL Server 2014. It seems that DBX 3.6.0 was the last "old school" version where you install drivers "manually" and 3.7.0 has own TA/SA for drivers instead of pure jar.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...