Getting Data In

Palo Alto App

the_rains
Engager

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me, I am trying to get the Palo Alto App working we are a Splunk cloud customer and have this app on our search-head 

When I search for eventype=pan I see the logs but they are NOT reclassified

Our set up is we have our Palo Alto firewalls pushing to a syslog server on standard port 514, this data at the moment is currently being ingested as one syslog stream via universal forwarder, where the sourcetype=syslog and index=syslog. 

In inputs.conf in

/opt/splunk/etc/system/local I have configured the below

[monitor:///data/rsyslog/10.0.0.1/10.0.0.1.log]

index = pan_logs

sourcetype = pan:log

host_segment = 3

The guide states to configure your TCP outputs in 

/ opt/splunkforwarder/etc/system/local/outputs.conf in this file we have 

[tcpout]

indexAndForward = 1

As a cloud customer we have our company app in root@syslog:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/OUR_COMPANY_APP/default

The outputs.conf has but no input file 

inputs1.name.splunkcloud.com:9997

inputs2.name.splunkcloud.com:9997,

inputs3.name.splunkcloud.com:9997,

inputs4.name.splunkcloud.com:9997

inputs5.name.splunkcloud.com:9997

inputs6.name.splunkcloud.com:9997

The input file being used is

oot@syslog:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local

The PaloAlto app states to add your indexers to Create or modify/opt/splunkforwader/etc/system/local/outputs.conf 

and add a tcpout stanza: 

Could I copy over the outputs from root@syslog:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/OUR_COMPANY_APP/default to /opt/splunkforwader/etc/system/local/outputs.conf

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...