Getting Data In

Multiple delineation and writing a props

loganacarter

I have a .log file that looks similar to the following below and I've tried doing multiple props.conf configurations to get the best results. I'm reaching out to more experience users that might have a better way of organizing the data. The first 13 lines are single lines of information that I used a regex to extract but after that the delineation changes to a tab delineated with multiple events per line. See example below, all inputs are arbitrary but resemble the actual log 

LOG FILE: "the actual path" --> I used regex for the following to point to the portions and extract

TEST DATE: 2019/10/27

TEST START: 10:32:25 AM

OPERATOR ID: xxxxxxxx

(tab portion)

time           seq           host          information

10:30:20 pm         (can be blank)          computer1        PASS

10:30:22 pm          Seq 1            computer1            Fail

My main objective at the end of this is to index everything as fields but I do want to use that "TEST START" and the last "time" to create some reports about test station usage. Thanks in advance for the help

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...