Getting Data In

Monitoring OpenAI usage in Splunk

edalbanese
Engager

We are rolling out a customer service chatbot. Has anyone needed to collect the data such as input/output and logs between an chatbot and OpenAI to monitor it in Splunk? If so, what did you use to GDI?   One other note; there is the possibility for customers to share images or video with the chatbot; wondering if anyone has tried to collect this type of data in Splunk?  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I don't usually work with OpenAI, even if I'll do it in the next future for a new customer.

But I saw two italian Splunk Sales Engineers that did exactly what you are searching with this add on.

They showed this concept app in a meeting of the Italia Splunk User Group.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I still didn't used it, but I saw a colleague that used the OB OpenAI ChatGPT App at https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/6957 .

About images, for my knowledge, at the moment Splunk stores and searches only text files.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

edalbanese
Engager

Thank you @gcusello   When I look at the add-on you posted, it seems to be a tool that helps to use OpenAI, within Splunk, to request additional context/perspective on specific questions or monitors (e.g. "Is this malicious?") My goal is actually just to get the content into Splunk first. So, for example, a web app that has a chatbot built in. The chatbot might receive input in text (or image/video) from users and then it generates a response (e.g. "Here is the documentation/help file relevant to that particular request"). I want to store all the activity between the application/user and OpenAI for evaluating security or compliance concerns using Splunk searches. Any thoughts on that? I could ask the App Engineer to log the input and output via HEC I guess. But I'm wondering if others have started logging OpenAI calls/responses (or any LLM such as Anthropic or Cohere or Gemini etc.) into Splunk yet? Thanks!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I don't usually work with OpenAI, even if I'll do it in the next future for a new customer.

But I saw two italian Splunk Sales Engineers that did exactly what you are searching with this add on.

They showed this concept app in a meeting of the Italia Splunk User Group.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...