Getting Data In

Monitor linux host NFS I/O on local mount points

peterjsouza

I am new to Splunk and as part of the evaluation i wanted to create a script that poled the NFS stats on one of our busiest CentOS hosts. I took the iostat.sh script that is in *nix app and tried to adapt it. Can someone point me in the right direction? THANKS!!
[Below is the script]

. `dirname $0`/common.sh

HEADER='Mount           rBlk_svrPS       wBlk_svrPS         opsPS         ropsPS   wopsPS'
HEADERIZE="BEGIN {print \"$HEADER\"}"
PRINTF='{printf "%-90s  %11s  %11s  %12s  %12s  %13s\n", mount, rBlk_svrPS, wBlk_svrPS, opsPS, ropsPS, wopsPS}'

CMD='iostat -n -h'
    assertHaveCommand $CMD
    FILTER='/^$/ {next} /^Filesystem:/ {reportOrd++; next} (reportOrd<2) {next}'
    FORMAT='{mount=$1; rBlk_svrPS=$6; wBlk_svrPS=$7; opsPS=$8; ropsPS=$9; wopsPS=$10}'

$CMD | tee $TEE_DEST | awk "$HEADERIZE $FILTER $FORMAT $PRINTF"  header="$HEADER"
echo "Cmd = [$CMD];  | awk '$HEADERIZE $FILTER $FORMAT $PRINTF' header=\"$HEADER\"" >> $TEE_DEST
Tags (3)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While not directly answering your question, take a look at http://apps.splunk.com/app/870/. This is the Add On for SoS, and includes an NFS iostat input for diagnosing Search Head Pool problems, however can probably be adapted to your needs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...