Getting Data In

Modify Splunk_TA_infoblox to separate events into indexes

ww9rivers
Communicator

Splunk_TA_infoblox reset "sourcetype" of input events, in my case from "infoblox:file", to 3 different values -- infoblox:dns / :dhcp / :threatprotect.

I am trying to modify the TA to put those events into 2 different indexes: DHCP events to "ipam", others to "ipam-secure".

However I have not been able to do that. Here is what I have modified:

In props.conf:

[infoblox:dhcp]
TRANSFORMS-0_branch_index = infoblox_branch_index_ipam
. . . . . .
[infoblox:dns]
TRANSFORMS-0_branch_index = infoblox_branch_index_ipam_secure
. . . . . .
[infoblox:threatprotect]
TRANSFORMS-0_branch_index = infoblox_branch_index_ipam_secure

In transforms.conf:

[infoblox_branch_index_ipam]
REGEX = .*
DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index
FORMAT = ipam

[infoblox_branch_index_ipam_secure]
REGEX = .*
DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index
FORMAT = ipam-secure

The idea is basically, after an input event has its sourcetype reset as the TA already does, reset its index.

There are two TRANSFORMS for each raw event -- Should that work?

Should I have done it differently: adding more transform items in TRANSFORMS-0_branch_source_type for the [infoblox:file] sourcetype?

Any help is much appreciated! I'm running Splunk 7.0.3.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ww9rivers
Communicator

My mistake...!

The indexing process is a pipeline. There is no loop - so the "TRANSFORMS-0_branch_index" instances did not work after the infoblox:dhcp/:dns/:threatprotect was already set.

So branching off in indexes has to be done as a transform for the [infoblox:file] sourcetype.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ww9rivers
Communicator

My mistake...!

The indexing process is a pipeline. There is no loop - so the "TRANSFORMS-0_branch_index" instances did not work after the infoblox:dhcp/:dns/:threatprotect was already set.

So branching off in indexes has to be done as a transform for the [infoblox:file] sourcetype.

Problem solved.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...