Getting Data In

Manual data import error - EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:741)

blakem
Explorer

Hi,

When manually uploading files through a Splunk 7.3.0 web interface I’m receiving the error “EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:741)”. The error occurs on the ‘select source’ screen when uploading a text file.

I am accessing the Splunk interface without any SSL, using IE from the browser on a search head server (Windows Server 2012R2). I can also reproduce this issue on using IE and FireFox from a standard workstation. The same files being ingested from forwarders monitoring directories do not have any issues.

The full error from the internal index is below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\controllers\proxy.py", line 163, in index return self.uploadFile(args, sessionKey, uri)
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\controllers\proxy.py", line 267, in uploadFile verify=False #allow self signed certificates
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 88, in post return request('post', url, data-data, **kwargs)
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 44, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in reuqest resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 571, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
 File “C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 382, in send raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: EOF occured in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:741)

I have looked through the above Python files referenced in the error and haven't seen anything obvious.

The error looks similar to what was posted here - https://answers.splunk.com/answers/625984/eof-occurred-in-violation-of-protocol-sslc676-vers.html

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...