Getting Data In

Json field not extracted in Splunk DB Connect Input via SQL Server : using Splunk DB Connect 2.0

zanjani786
Engager

i have made an INPUT Field through MS SQL SERVER, There is a column in my table which has JSON values, SPLUNK DB Connect is not showing this json value in any of it's event or fields. it is showing only '{' in the JSON field.
Please help n guide me to resolve this issue or parse the json key, values in to the new column.
Thanks,

popalzie

Was there ever a solution found for this issue? I am facing the same problem where the datatype I am returning from the database is of type JSON and being inputed using DBX. In Splunk, however, the field just shows as "{". Example below:

json_returned_from_db="{"id":1234}"

The value here is being treated as a String and so the first 2 double quotes encompasess the { and that is what is returned in the field in Splunk.

I want it to return the result as a JSON type preferably.

Thanks!

0 Karma

grittonc
Contributor

What sourcetype are you using?

0 Karma

zanjani786
Engager

i have connection with MS-SQL Server in my input database. and gave my source type an anonymous name

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...