Getting Data In

JSON syntax highlighting not working for strings with greater than 1000 characters?

minerjaime
Engager

Hi, folks -- I'm using Splunk 6.0.1.

I'm trying to ingest JSON and have the JSON syntax highlighting automatically parse my input.

After experimenting, it seems that I can only get the syntax highlighting to work for JSON lines with less than 1000 characters (998 works).

How can I fix this?

I've tried setting TRUNCATE=0 in the app's props.conf file. I've tried resetting the maxvaluesize=10000 within the limits.conf file. Both, yield no luck.

Thanks!

0 Karma

mkemmerer
Explorer

For events I have that are 3000+ lines, I found that when you expand the event to show all lines, the JSON syntax highlighting option appears - at least on 6.2.3 through 6.3.1.

0 Karma

minerjaime
Engager

Thanks, mkemmerer.

My JSON lines are in the realm of 1500 characters in length. When viewing the search results, I can see the entire raw data values, with no option for the syntax highlighting.

I've confirmed, with jsonlint.com, that the JSON is valid.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...