Getting Data In

Is there a way to launch a script on the Universal Forwarder's App's bin directory from the search head?

daniel333
Builder

Hello,

Is there a way to launch a script on the Universal Forwarder's App's bin directory from the search head?

For example:
Scheduled search index=java *oom* host=mybadjbossserver

Causes:
mybadjbossserver's universal forwarder to call /opt/splunkforwarders/etc/apps/myjobsapps/bin/fixjboss.sh to run

Right now I have scripted inputs that have scripts that check the condition via bash, which isn't good. I suppose I could use wget to make an API call to a search head and act on results, but I feel like I would be running the same script twice (one for the notification and one for the action) and I am not really confident in my ability to produce a good API call.

0 Karma

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi,

if you define your scheduled search as an alert, you can configure a script to be run whenever the alert is triggered. For security reasons, the scripts need to be placed in a specific folder, which can be similar to the folder you posted:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/<AppName>/bin/scripts

Is this a solution to your problem?

You can get further informations here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/Alert/Setupalertactions#Run_a_script_for_an_alert_...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...