Getting Data In

Ingesting metrics into Splunk Core Cloud vs Splunk Observability Cloud

kalibaba2021
Path Finder

I am searching far and wide for recommendations, best practices, even just conversations on this topic - all for naught. Here's my big dilemma that I would love to get something other than "It Depends" answer to: 

Which platform is more appropriate for Metrics: Splunk Cloud or Splunk O11y ?

I am not an expert in Splunk, but know that there are certain challenges with metrics indexes in Splunk Core/Cloud . And, I can also see there are Metrics Rules in O11y  that help with filtering, and some pre-built dashboards. But I still am lost for direction.  Short of actually ingesting the same amount of metrics into both Platforms and seeing what comes out...do I want to do that ? Well, "that depends"! 🤔

Any guidance deeply appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...