Getting Data In

In trying to deploy Splunk Enterprise from the Azure marketplace and getting "DeploymentNotFound"

gregcork2

I am trying to deploy Splunk Enterprise via the Azure Marketplace and I get the below error.
Deployment 'splunk.splunk-enterprisebyol-20170518170301' could not be found. (Code: DeploymentNotFound)
The Azure instance is firewalled off from the Internet but ports 80 and 443 to ANY is allowed. What needs to be allowed to get it deployed?

Thanks
Greg

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rarsan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Azure VM instance needs at least outbound access to Azure Storage for the VM Linux agent and extension.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gregcork2

That access should already be in place as we have built multiple servers in the Azure tenant with no issues. I'll be giving up on the Splunk Enterprise and do a normal install onto a cloud hosted server.

Thanks
Greg

0 Karma

rarsan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Azure VM instance needs at least outbound access to Azure Storage for the VM Linux agent and extension.

0 Karma

gregcork2

Thanks for the reply @hardikJsheth, but the issue that I am having is during the install of Splunk in Azure, while the ports you have listed look to be for after Splunk is operational.

Thanks

0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

I am not sure what's error here. But by default Splunk uses following ports

8000 - Web
8089 - Management
8091 - KVStore.

Thanks,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...