Getting Data In

INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket

bishtk
Communicator

Dear Splunk Professionals,

We are having an On-Premise Splunk 6.2.0 (build 237341)setup with two servers. One being Indexer and other Searchhead. We are not using any Forwarder in our environment. Data are directly mounted from Application servers to our Indexer.
Recently I noticed that the data last indexed date was 21st Feb and after that no data is getting indexed. In the splunkd.log I am getting this INFO very frequently.

02-26-2018 06:16:40.090 +0100 INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket id= path="/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/defaultdb/db/hot_v1_98" (This is usually harmless as we may be racing with a rename in BucketMover or the S2SFileReceiver thread, which should be obvious in log file; the previous WARN message about this path can safely be ignored.) caller=getCumulativeSizeForPaths
02-26-2018 06:16:40.112 +0100 INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket id= path="/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/cal_XYZ/db/hot_v1_79" (This is usually harmless as we may be racing with a rename in BucketMover or the S2SFileReceiver thread, which should be obvious in log file; the previous WARN message about this path can safely be ignored.) caller=getCumulativeSizeForPaths
02-26-2018 06:16:40.112 +0100 INFO DatabaseDirectoryManager - Getting size on disk: Unable to get size on disk for bucket id= path="/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/cal_UVW/db/hot_v1_80" (This is usually harmless as we may be racing with a rename in BucketMover or the S2SFileReceiver thread, which should be obvious in log file; the previous WARN message about this path can safely be ignored.) caller=getCumulativeSizeForPaths

Can you please help me here how to rectify this and if its related to data not getting indexed?

Thanks,

0 Karma

bishtk
Communicator

Dear Splunkers,

Any suggestion on this as I am still facing this issue and also the data is not getting indexed with these being the only error under splunkd.log

-Thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...