Getting Data In

How to run a search of data in one index and update data in another index if the certain parameters are met

BrandSentiment
Explorer

I would like to run a search of data in one index and update data in another index if the certain parameters are met.

Index1 holds semi-static data for user profiles. The index2 is holds streaming data coming in from the comments stream. What I would like to do is update the profile data interests field by adding football as an interest if the comment stream contains "football" .

Can I run a query against a username along these lines:

if index=index2 username= username AND comment.content="football" THEN index=index1 username= username ADD football to username.interest

I am sure there is a better way of doing this and really appreciate any help anyone could give.

Thank you

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi BrandSentiment,

take a look at the collect command http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.4/SearchReference/Collect
This will put the search result into the specified index. So running somehting like this should do the job:

index=index2 username=username AND comment.content="football" | colect index=index1

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...