Getting Data In

How to resolve this Splunk_TA_aws error?

maa_splunk
Engager

Hi,

I have deployed the Splunk TA aws application on a test environment. For authentication I'm using AWS roles. The data seems to be coming in, however I get the following errors in the _internal index (source is from python.log)

ERROR REST ERROR[1020]: Fail to encrypt credential information - {"base_app": "Splunk_TA_aws", "endpoint": "configs/conf-splunk_ta_aws_iam_roles", "handler": "BaseRestHandler", "encrypted_args": ["arn"], "name": "inventory_access", "error": "'Entity' object has no attribute 'update'"} Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/3rdparty/python3/splunktalib/rest_manager/cred_mgmt.py", line 43, in encrypt data.update({arg:CredMgmt.ENCRYPTED_MAGIC_TOKEN for arg in data if arg in self._encryptedArgs}) AttributeError: 'Entity' object has no attribute 'update'

Please note the password file within the local folder seem to be create ok.

Has anyone come across this error before? Is it harmful?

Regards,

Labels (1)

hahabuknow
Engager

Hi @maa_splunk , I encountered the same issue. Did you resolve this error?

0 Karma

Sumantab88
Explorer

Getting same error post Splunk_TA_aws upgrade to 6.0.0 from 5.1.0, however in my case- I am not getting any data as well post upgrade.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...