Getting Data In

How to proxy to management port 8089 for JavaScript SDK or REST API from a custom app deployed in Splunk Web?

ashishpok79
Explorer

There are examples on how to do this from external apps - using proxy from client side and node.js etc. But how can I proxy to management port 8089 for REST API or use the wrapper object (service) to invoke calls from an app deployed in Splunk Web? Any pointers would be helpful.

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Once upon a time (6.0.x-ish) I built a framework to accept form entry stuff then repurposed the submit code in the JavaScript to emit to /services/receivers/simple. These days you could use the HTTP event collector.

0 Karma

Luke__Mcfly

Any new developments on this? Your Solution to this issue would help me immensely

0 Karma

ashishpok79
Explorer

Current goal is to expose a form in UI - values entered into the form will be use to generate an event in Splunk. We need user input for our analytic in some cases and would like to deploy an app in Splunk web custom app itself instead of having to spin up another application.

0 Karma

aljohnson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What is your goal? Or what is it that you are trying to do?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...