Getting Data In

How to monitor Apache Hadoop clusters with Splunk Enterprise 6 or later versions?

xingsd163

I found the app - Splunk App for HadoopOps but it only supports Splunk Enterprise 5. I am now using Splunk Enterprise 6.2, is there a new way to monitor Hadoop? And my Hadoop is Apache Hadoop 2.4.2.
Thanks for any help!

0 Karma

sbit

To monitor Apache Hadoop clusters with Splunk Enterprise 6 or later versions, you can follow these steps:

Configure data ingestion: Use the Hadoop Connect feature in Splunk Enterprise to collect data from the Hadoop cluster. This feature allows you to ingest data from various sources, including Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), YARN, MapReduce, and Hive1.

Set up Hadoop monitoring inputs: Configure Splunk to monitor the Hadoop cluster by specifying the relevant log files and metrics to collect. You can use the Hadoop App for Splunk, which provides pre-configured inputs and dashboards specifically designed for monitoring Hadoop clusters1.

Monitor performance and troubleshoot issues: Leverage the monitoring capabilities of Splunk Enterprise to gain insights into the performance of your Hadoop cluster. Use the pre-built dashboards and reports to visualize and analyze various metrics, such as resource utilization, job status, data ingestion rates, and error logs. This allows you to identify bottlenecks, troubleshoot issues, and optimize the cluster performance1.

Set up alerts and notifications: Configure alerts in Splunk Enterprise to receive real-time notifications when specific events or conditions occur in the Hadoop cluster. This enables you to proactively address issues and ensure the smooth operation of the cluster1.

By following these steps, you can effectively monitor Apache Hadoop clusters using Splunk Enterprise 6 or later versions. For more detailed instructions and best practices, you can refer to the Splunk community forum, where users have discussed how to monitor Hadoop with Splunk1.

Hope this helps!

For more details visit our website: https://www.strongboxit.com

0 Karma

shreyasathavale
Communicator

Is there anything in splunk for Hadoop monitoring except Hunk?

0 Karma

mattsteve

Numerous Apache Software Foundation projects make up the services required by an enterprise to deploy, integrate and work with Hadoop and big data training chennai. Each project has been developed to deliver an explicit function and each has its own community of developers and individual release cycles.

0 Karma

satishsdange
Builder
0 Karma

xingsd163

This app is not for monitoring hadoop, it is for interchange data between hadoop and splunk.
Thank you all the same.

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are several customers who are using Splunk to monitor Hadoop. We built a demo App to show how to monitor Hadoop with Yarn or with MR version 1. send me an email rdagan@splunk.com and I can send you this demo App.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...