Getting Data In

How to make a POST request to Splunk API in a SimpleXML javascript dashboard?

herbatology

How can I use the splunkjs "Service" class to make POST changes to .conf files via the REST API in a Splunk SimpleXML JavaScript Dashboard (embedded via <dashboard script="myscript.js">)?

I've tried to use the documentation, however it is unclear to me, if I can use this class in javascript in a SimpleXML dashboard and how.
https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/JavaScriptSDK/1.0/splunkjs.Service.Endpoint.html#splunkj...

Previously I've used SearchManager objects to query the rest API via the "| rest" command, but apparently this command only allows GET requests and not POST. This is not suitable for me as I want to CHANGE a config file directly via a javascript call to the REST API, without a workaround with a custom python search command or elsewhat.

require([
    'jquery', 
    'underscore',
    'splunkjs/http',
    'splunkjs/service',
    'splunkjs/mvc',
    'splunkjs/mvc/searchmanager', 
    'splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!'
], function($, _, Http, Service, mvc, SearchManager, TableView) {
      var endpoint = new splunkjs.Service.Endpoint(service, "search/jobs/12345");
     endpoint.post("control", {action: "cancel"}, function() { console.log("CANCELLED"))});
});
0 Karma

divya1388
Explorer

@herbatology  Did you find any solution to this? I am trying to find an answer for the same question. My use case is to post a Maintenance Window when a submit button on the dashboard is clicked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...