Getting Data In

How to get JSON objects from java inputstream into splunk?

lyndac
Contributor

I have a java program that creates JSON objects from a java input stream. I would like to have these JSON objects indexed in splunk, but don't want to have to write a bunch of files. What is the best way to do this? I know how to write the props.conf to parse the JSON object, but I'm not sure which input to use to get the data into splunk.

I am currently using splunk Enterprise 6.6, with plans to upgrade to 7.0

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi - Have you tried using this app - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/456/#/details ?

0 Karma

lyndac
Contributor

That seems to do the parsing. I can just use props.conf to extract the fields. I'm more looking at the mechanism to get the data into splunk so it can be parsed/indexed. So like should i use a Kafka input or HTTP Collector maybe or is there some other easy way to have splunk read from a stream?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...