Getting Data In

How to filter out specific rows in a table when the values come from JSON list ?

bugnet
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a table like the one below, with a column containing 'Type', 'Value', 'alert id'.
the problem is that the columns Type and Value coming from JSON list and I can't find a way to select specific values.
I want to show in the table specific values with the same 'id'.

Search:

index="alerts" | spath "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.value" | spath id | spath "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.type" | rename "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.type" as Type | rename "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.value" as Value | table Type Value id | where Type="sector"

Results: (I want to show only the sector Type)
alt text

Tags (2)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@bugnet

Can you please share sample event with masking values AND expected results??

0 Karma

bugnet
Path Finder

Expected results:

https://ibb.co/RNxsJtY

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@bugnet

Can you please try this?

index="alerts" 
| spath "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.value" 
| spath id 
| spath "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.type" 
| rename "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.type" as Type 
| rename "MISP{}.FullContext{}.Event.Galaxy{}.GalaxyCluster{}.value" as Value 
| eval temp=mvzip(Type,Value) 
| mvexpand temp 
| eval Type = mvindex(split(temp,","),0), Value = mvindex(split(temp,","),1) 
| where Type="sector" 
| table Type Value id
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You asked it (at the end of your search) for events where Type = sector, and both returned events do INDEED have "sector" in their Type. What it is that you want instead - to return only the portions that actually correspond to the "sector" field?

E.g. you would like a list that has 7 rows in it, corresponding to the 7 "sector" values?

Does that sound right?

0 Karma

bugnet
Path Finder

@rich7177 Yes, I want to return only the portions that actually correspond to the "sector" field.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...