Getting Data In

How to extract sub-element data from a JSON message: In the event below, i want to extract from MessageBody, the subdata under Request like businessId, partnerEBID and also some fields from the Response section like branchCode

besa0903

{

cid: abcde

d: 1211

environment: nonProd

log: request

messageBody:

}

0 Karma
1 Solution

FeatureCreeep
Path Finder

This should be a straight forward regular expression extract. Some of the formatting of your JSON looks strange though, with strange characters in it like where the "∂" where I think you expected "partnerEBID" to be. I also don't see a branchCode but I do see a brandCode. I'm not a JSON expert but that value for the brandCode doesn't look like valid JSON to me. If the value is supposed to be an empty string, it should be 2 sets of double quotes, not just 1. Anyway, with the data provided, I created a very simple regular expression. I'm sure there are better ways to write it but this is the easiest thing that works. I think you can extrapolate from here to extract more fields with this expression.

| rex field=_raw "businessId=(?P<businessId>\d+).*EBID=(?P<partnerEBID>\d+)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FeatureCreeep
Path Finder

This should be a straight forward regular expression extract. Some of the formatting of your JSON looks strange though, with strange characters in it like where the "∂" where I think you expected "partnerEBID" to be. I also don't see a branchCode but I do see a brandCode. I'm not a JSON expert but that value for the brandCode doesn't look like valid JSON to me. If the value is supposed to be an empty string, it should be 2 sets of double quotes, not just 1. Anyway, with the data provided, I created a very simple regular expression. I'm sure there are better ways to write it but this is the easiest thing that works. I think you can extrapolate from here to extract more fields with this expression.

| rex field=_raw "businessId=(?P<businessId>\d+).*EBID=(?P<partnerEBID>\d+)"
0 Karma

besa0903

Great, thanks a bunch. It works like a charm.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...