Getting Data In

How to extract fields from CSV

Naga
Engager

I have a CSV file for ingestion like this. This needs to be monitored via inputs. I dont want to use INDEXED_EXTRACTION= CSV here. Without this I am able to get the feed in successfully. But not able to extract the fields I wanted

File sample

"NAME","AGE","GENDER"

"John","32","MALE"

"ROSE","23","FEMALE"

#props

[mysourcetype]
FIELD_DELIMITER = ,
FIELD_NAMES="NAME","AGE","GENDER"

HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER=1
HEADER_FIELD_DELIMITER = ,
FIELD_QUOTE = "
HEADER_FIELD_QUOTE = "
DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
NO_BINARY_CHECK=true

No luck. Any ideas?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you're trying to do search time field extraction for CSV fields, give solution from this post a try:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/splunk-field-extraction-csv/m-p/29894

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should drop FIELD_NAMES as you have already those names in your CSV file and pointed those with HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER
0 Karma

Naga
Engager

Thank you @isoutamo . I tried the same Removed FIELD_NAMES And tried as well. But no luck 😞

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...