Getting Data In

How to edit my monitor stanza in inputs.conf on the deployment server to collect logs from our forwarders?

avis1119

Hi All,

I have a Splunk environment with deployment server and forwarders of nearly 200. In one of the deployment apps folders, I have updated the inputs.conf file with the below stanza

[monitor=///opt/.../actimize-logs/CCTM_RETAIL_(NFT|NFOT)_B[13579]/logs/access_logs/]
whitelist=((notify|score)(Customer|PaymentArrangement|Product|Rejection|IntPayment|PassReset|TravelMoney)\.(access.log))$

After deploying the serverclass, I am not able to receive the logs. I have checked the forwarder, but everything is fine and is sending other logs. So I doubt at the inputs stanza only. So can anyone help in identifying the mistake I have done in the regex?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

willamwar
Path Finder

First off I would encourage you to run your regex through regex101

https://regex101.com/r/koEOps/1

Next can you please provide a sample of the file names. You can also 'save' these in the regex101 as well as here.

Did you verify file permissions and did you look in /var/log/splunk on a forwarder where the data is?

Are you using a regex in the monitor as well? "(NFT|NFOT)"? If you read when and when Regex works (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Data/Specifyinputpathswithwildcards ).
You may need to add a * after your regex.
e.g.

(NFT|NFOT)*

Lastly you did not escape your last . (via .) which should not matter here, but it's good practice.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...