Getting Data In

How to connect Splunk API with Trend Micro Apex One aaS?

avoelk
Communicator

Hello!

I try onboarding several Trend Micro Cloud Applications like Apex One as a Service but it just doesn't work. 

On the Apex One Cloud Platform I can get the URL, Application ID and API Key necessary to connect. 

avoelk_0-1636707735669.png

but it doesn't seem to work. I get the following errors in the apex_one_as_a_service_api.log : 

2021-11-12 09:56:08,859 DEBUG pid=105063 tid=MainThread file=connectionpool.py:_make_request:437 | https://xj7qb2.manage.trendmicro.com:443 "GET /WebApp/api/v1/Logs/officescan_virus?output_format=CEF&page_token=0&since_time=1636707248 HTTP/1.1" 404 1245

and:

2021-11-12 10:00:08,804 ERROR pid=122037 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:309 | Get error when collecting events. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Apex-One-as-a-Service/bin/apex_one_as_a_service/aob_py3/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 128, in stream_events self.collect_events(ew) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Apex-One-as-a-Service/bin/apex_one_as_a_service_api.py", line 64, in collect_events input_module.collect_events(self, ew) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Apex-One-as-a-Service/bin/input_module_apex_one_as_a_service_api.py", line 91, in collect_events r_json = response.json() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Apex-One-as-a-Service/bin/apex_one_as_a_service/aob_py3/requests/models.py", line 897, in json return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 348, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0) 

splunkd.log itself says the same: 

11-12-2021 10:02:08.931 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Apex-One-as-a-Service/bin/apex_one_as_a_service_api.py" ERRORExpecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I'm trying to use the following app for it: 

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5431/

What is wrong? does anyone know how to make this work? 

PS: I'm sorry I can't use the "insert code" function here since it throws errors when I try. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...