Hi everyone, I want to ask about Splunk and Squid proxy server
i have 3 proxies, let say:
IP Proxy1: 192.168.1.10
IP Proxy2: 192.168.2.10
IP Proxy3: 192.168.3.10
I searched the log using: index=squid sourcetype=squid:access and i have results, but it's difficult to determine which results belong to Squid log for proxy1, proxy2, and proxy3.
Is it the Splunk app that is installed on Squid proxy server not logging IP information of the Squid proxy server? Or did i misconfigured the app on the Squid proxy server so the IP server of the proxy not show up?
host = <string>
* Sets the host key/field to a static value for this stanza.
* Primarily used to control the host field, which the input applies to events
that come in through this input stanza.
* Detail: Sets the host key initial value. The input uses this key during
parsing/indexing, in particular to set the host field. It also uses this
field at search time.
* As a convenience, the input prepends the chosen string with 'host::'.
* WARNING: Do not put the <string> value in quotes. Use host=foo, not host="foo".
* If set to '$decideOnStartup', will be interpreted as hostname of executing
machine; this will occur on each splunkd startup.
* If you run multiple instances of the software on the same system (hardware
or virtual machine), choose unique values for 'host' to differentiate
your data, e.g. myhost-sh-1 or myhost-idx-2.
* The literal default conf value is $decideOnStartup, but at installation
time, the setup logic adds the local hostname as determined by DNS to the
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/inputs.conf default stanza, which is the
effective default value.
Thank's for the answer, i have re-check the search result, and yes i have found in host field.
Now that make me confuse, from 3 proxy server only 1 proxy server parsing the squid log to the indexer.
I don't know why the other 2 not parsing the squid log to the indexer.
What should i check both from the indexer server and also from squid proxy server?