Getting Data In

How to combine all the source types in single search result?

saibal6
Path Finder

I have almost 19 different indexes, which was already mentioned in my inputs.conf file. But today I got to know that the source type are not same for the same log files which are indexing daily on the real time format. But I had perform the search result always with a single source type and created a email alert notification with it. Due to different source types are available in my log files, so lot of errors are not coming in my search result and i missed those errors.

Can anyone help me out from this problem that how can I combine all source types in a single search result and extract my important fields which will be present in all source types and create a complete search result?
Please mentioned the link also if you have.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Hi @saibal6,

What about

index=your index  (sourcetype="sourcetypeA" OR sourcetype="sourcetypeB" OR sourcetype="sourcetypeC" OR .....)|fields <your important fields>
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @renjith.nair,

I have already tried with your mentioned search and it's working properly.

But in my case I want to write a dynamic search result only for source types, so that I can easily monitor every source types very easily.

Can you help me on this matter?

0 Karma

tokio13
Path Finder

How did you solve this?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @tokio13 

You're responding to an old thread. Some of the original contributors might not even be using community forums anymore. You'd gain more visibility if you posted a new thread with a description of your problem.

If the partial solutions presented here are relevant to your case you might include a link to this thread for reference.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Hi @saibal6,

You shall try with sourcetype=* as well and also add one of the common fields into the search as your_field=* so that it gets only those events which has this field. Hope this helps and please feel free to vote and accept the answer

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @renjith.nair,

I have already tried with this search result. It's working but my concern is my source types are not static. Data indexing in any source type randomly, so i need a dynamic search result for source type which will get the all source types.

Could you please give me any dynamic search result for different source types?

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Can you post two of your searches?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...