Getting Data In

How to Exclude header data in cisco log file ?

dfigurello
Communicator

Hi splunkers,

I would like to remove headers from a Cisco file. I've tried transforms configurations, but I can't get it work.
I ran a search to troubleshoot: index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd ignoreComments , with the following results:

-0200 ERROR regexExtractionProcessor - REGEX field must be specified
 tranform_name=ignoreComments

Please find below details of the configurations:

C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\local\inputs.conf

[monitor://c:\cisco\*]
sourcetype = cisco_teste
disabled = false
index = treinamento

C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\local\props.conf

[cisco_teste]
TRANSFORMS-noComments = ignoreComments

C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\local\tranforms.conf

[ignoreComments]
REGEX = ^#
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Let me know if you guys need anything else, I really appreciate the help.
Cheers,

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did you restart the Splunk instances on the Indexers where you put props.conf and transforms.conf?
Double-check this list:

• The sourcetype matches replace_sourcetype_with_containing_directory exactly (casing, punctuation, etc.).
  • The props.conf and transforms.conf configuration files are deployed to the Indexers or Heavy Forwarders (or Universal Forwarders in some cases, such as INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = CSV).
  • The inputs.conf configuration file is deployed to the Forwarder.
  • You must restart/bounce all Splunk instances on the servers where you deploy these files.
  • There are no configuration errors during restart (watch the response text during startup on one server of each type).
  • You are verifying proper current function by looking at NEW data (post-deploy/post-bounce), not previously indexed data (which is immutable).
0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You specified "ignoreComment" in props.conf, but you configured "ignoreComments" as the transforms.conf.
Make sure spelling exactly matches.

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may want to match the full line that starts with '#', i.e. do REGEX=^#.*
I cannot see anything else that is wrong with your configuration. And you are configuring these files on your indexer, correct?

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Overlap with woodcock....

0 Karma

dfigurello
Communicator

Hi ssievert,,

I am sorry but i did make a mistake when I put here in answers, please disregard it.

Tks.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You have a spelling mismatch; you need to settle on either ignoreComment or ignoreComments (note the extra s in the latter). Once you make this the same, it should work fine.

0 Karma

dfigurello
Communicator

Hi Woodcock,

I am sorry but i did make a mistake when I put here in answers, please disregard it.

Tks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...