Getting Data In

How can i redirect data from an index to a new one

baroudiem

Hello,
I would like to know how can i redirect data from a general index to a new one ?

Example :
General index : hostname / ip / port

New index : only port

Thanks.

0 Karma

gcusello
Legend

Hi baroudiem,
if you want to send events that contain a string, you can override the index value depending on a regex On your indexer or heavy forwarder:

# etc/system/local/transforms.conf 

[overrideindex]
     DEST_KEY =_MetaData:Index
     REGEX = .
     FORMAT = my_new_index

#etc/system/local/props.conf 

[mysourcetype]
     TRANSFORMS-index = overrideindex

If instead you want to duplicate in another index a subset of your fields (not all the events), it isn't a good idea to index twice because you have a double license consuption , the best thing is to schedule a search that extract the fields you want and then collect them in one of the following ways:

• if they aren't so much, in a lookup using the outputlookup command;
  • if they are many, in a summary index using the collect command.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
Legend

Hi baroudiem,
if you're satisfied by this answer, please accept and/or upvote it.

Bye, see next time.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

ccloutier_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As in "I would like to duplicate a subset of selected events data to another index on top of the current one"?

I suggest you please clarify your question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...

Ready, Set, SOAR: How Utility Apps Can Up Level Your Playbooks!

WATCH NOW Powering your capabilities has never been so easy with ready-made Splunk® SOAR Utility Apps. Parse ...