Getting Data In

How can I retrieve the number of connections for collectd using the REST API?

dhavalv20
Engager

Hello,

Currently, I am trying to extract the connections realted data using REST API and I am aware that the required data is present at location services/server/introspection/kvstore/serverstatus?output_mode=json . However, the information that I need is a "value" of key "data" which is a "JSON" string in format as shown below:

{
  entry [ 
    content : {
      data: "connection:{total:10,current:1,.. }
    }
 ]
}

I'm using collectd curl_json plugin which can look into json format for key => value pair. However, since the data (key) has the json string (value ), I'm unable to do any further parsing to extract the useful data.

I have been wondering if there is any way so that i can retrieve only the value of data field using the REST API, another place from where I can get the exact value, or any other possible method with which I can get this value in json format?

Finally, as an API user, I am struggling to understand why the data key has a value of json string .. instead of simply having that as json data, it would have made things lot more manageable.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dhavalv20
Engager

I could not find any answers , so i end up writing the collectd python plugin which will solve this problem ( as long as the json stays in the data field/key) .

For those, who are looking for similar solution , here is the link to collectd splunkData plugin https://github.com/dvadgama/collectd_splunkData

Regards
Dhaval Vadgama

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dhavalv20
Engager

I could not find any answers , so i end up writing the collectd python plugin which will solve this problem ( as long as the json stays in the data field/key) .

For those, who are looking for similar solution , here is the link to collectd splunkData plugin https://github.com/dvadgama/collectd_splunkData

Regards
Dhaval Vadgama

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...