<u_city>
        <display_value>Atlanta</display_value>
        <value>Atlanta</value>
    </u_city>
    <u_supplier_name>
    <display_value/>
    <value/>
</result>

I found a solution at https://answers.splunk.com/answers/187195/how-to-add-and-parse-xml-data-in-splunk.html but is not helping me with mentioned xml format for field extractions during data ingestion.

0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

Hello @vidhyaArumalla,

Based on the sample data, below configuration should get you started.

Please note that, I am using DATETIME_CONFIG = NONE setting because, there is no timestamp available in the sample data. If this is the case with real data, this setting will leave the event time set to whatever time was selected by the input layer(for ex: Universal forwarder). If timestamp is available in data, then you should use TIME_FORMAT & TIME_PREFIX settings to explicitly extract timestamps. Let me know if this helps.

Props.conf

[custom_sourcetype_XML]
KV_MODE = xml
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)\<result\>
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
DATETIME_CONFIG = NONE
EXTRACT-State = \<u\_State\>\s*\<display\_value\>(?<State>\w+)\<\/
EXTRACT-City = \<u\_city\>\s*\<display\_value\>(?<City>\w+)\<\/
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...